Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Break Offers Chance to Visit Abroad Friends

Today was the last day of classes before spring break. While some students like me are going home to relax, some students are traveling. Many plan trips with their friends to travel together, but others travel alone to meet friends who are already abroad. Lindsey Martin plans to visit friends studying abroad in Spain.
Christine: So what are your plans for spring break?
Lindsey: I am really excited because I am going to Spain to visit two of my friends who are studying abroad there. We are spending two days in Madrid and the rest of the time in Seville. I can’t wait to see them, but I am also really excited to see the culture. Since my friends have been there for awhile now, it will be like having my own personal tour guides. They will know all the highlights for me to see and do.
Christine: Did you study abroad at all?
Lindsey: Because of my school commitments and because I am a class officer, I can’t go abroad for a semester, so I did a summer program. I went to Ireland and interned with a music festival. My program really focused on showing us cultural aspects of Ireland so it wasn’t just about the fun. I am really jealous of my friends that can go abroad for the full semester – that’s why I’m going to visit!
Christine: What did you take away from your experience?
Lindsey: I really enjoyed being introduced to the culture of Ireland. We saw historical things, traditional dancing and social customs. I also made some good friends that I stay in contact with. I’m also visiting one of my friends in Ireland over this break!
Christine: What are you most excited about for your spring break trip?
Lindsey: I am so excited to see my friends. I miss them a lot, and it will be really fun to explore Spain with them! I’m only going to be there for a few days, so I want to see everything possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment