Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Study Abroad Celebrity Back Home

Today I handed in my six page reflection paper from my Spain study abroad trip. Over the course of two weeks, our group of 18 students attended class four times. During class we gave presentations on various aspects of Spanish history and culture that we had researched prior to traveling. Upon return to the United States, we all wrote papers to earn our three credits.
When I went to visit my professor from the trip and turn in my paper, she showed me that our group was featured on the front page of Lehigh’s school newspaper, The Brown and White.
It is so nice to look at the picture and recount the fun times we had. I ran into three boys from the program today, and we all bonded over how much we missed Spain. Having traveled with my school, my experience was unique in that I made friends abroad that I can continue to see at school. While it is not the traditional experience, it was still an amazing opportunity that I will always have fond memories of.
Many of my friends commented about seeing me in the paper today. So many of them were juniors who, like me, do not have the time to study abroad for a full semester. They were all jealous of my experience and expressed desires to travel through a similar program. As juniors many of us regret not making study abroad a priority. Underclassmen: Take advantage of the fact that you don’t need to know your major, but make sure that you keep study abroad on your horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment