Sunday, February 20, 2011

Virtually Traveling Abroad

Sunday. The most productive day of the week. Usually I exile myself to the library for hours to get lots of reading and studying done. Today post dinner I decided it was too cold to venture outside again, so I stayed in my room and told myself I would get work done. Good joke, right?
The night is pretty much over, and the most productive thing I’ve done is participate in a #JRLWeb Twitter chat with students from other universities. The rest of my night was spent on Facebook, stalking my friends who are studying abroad and posting albums upon albums of exciting pictures. I saw Australia, Scotland, London and Spain (again!). When viewing the Spain pictures, I was so excited to see things and places that I actually recognized from my own experiences.
Here’s some advice: Take lots of pictures abroad. Document your adventures so you always have a way to remember them. Don’t forget to give your camera to other people so you can be seen in some of your pictures, too! Another reason to post pictures – the jealous people at home (like me) want to live vicariously through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment